Save the date – National School Spirit Day is Friday, September 12, 2014!
Get Your School Involved in National School Spirit Day with these Three Easy Steps!
National School Spirit Day is quickly approaching and Varsity wants YOU to participate by kicking off the day with a pep rally on Friday, October 11. Use this pep rally as a way to announce your school service project and invite your student body to participate. It’s as easy at 1, 2, 3!
Step 1: Pick a Project
Get together with your team and come up with some ideas for your service project. Here are a few ideas:
- Visit a nursing home and perform a few simple cheers for the residents
- Offer to clean up the school grounds
- Fundraise for the charity of your choice by standing outside of a local grocery store or having a car wash
- Read to younger children – visit http://cheereader.com for some inspiration
- Get involved with the Make-A-Wish Foundation®
Step 2: Plan Your Pep Rally
Once you’ve picked your service project, get approval from your administration and use your pep rally to announce it to your student body in an exciting way and invite them to join!
Step 3: Pledge Your Hours
After completing your community service, pledge your hours here, tell us your story and enter to win great prizes!
Anyone who submits their hours is entered to win a Spirit Prize Pack. There are two ways to enter and win:
- Individual/Team Prizes: 250 Rooter poms, 150 sets of Thunderstix, 100 sets of Spirit Fingerz and Custom “U-Build-It” tee for each team member from Varsity Spirit Fashion.
- School: $1000 School Spirit Scholarship for the school principal to award to a student demonstrating outstanding school spirit and a digital camera for the Yearbook Staff, all from Herff Jones.